Thanks for applying for this opportunity to be a member of our freelance team.
Diversity Voice looks after a wide range of translation and interpreting work, ranging from social media posts to sensitive casework for social services. We are a small regional charity, and our service is more personal than some other agencies you might have worked with. Almost all of our work is in Somerset or nearby areas.
For each job, we select a contractor based on their experience and qualifications. Some jobs require appropriately qualified t&i professionals, but we do from time to time have opportunities for bilinguals who may not be qualified.
English as the source language in most of our work. You are required as a minimum to:
- know British English either at the level of a proficient native speaker (eg CEFR C2, Cambridge Advanced/Proficiency, IELTS 7)
- have at least a first degree in any subject
You will need to indicate the target languages in which you are able to accept work. You are required as a minimum to:
- know your target languages at the level of a proficient native speaker
- have a first degree in any subject.
If you are qualified as a translator/interpreter through holding relevant qualifications you will have the opportunity to accept a wider range of work. For some work, qualifications are critical. Very occasionally, for example to meet requirements for a rarely sought target language, or for non-critical community work, we may have opportunities for those who do not meet these minimum requirements.
- Please complete the form under.
- We’ll contact you for a chat to let you know that we’ve received your application and answer your questions.
- You’ll be asked to send copies of relevant qualifications, certificates and other documents. You will be asked for evidence of your right to work in the UK and will need to provide references. You’ll also be asked to agree to our contract.
- We’ll communicate with you when we have work in your selected language pairs.
We’re really looking forward to hearing from you and look forward to working together.
Diversity Voice 0300 075 0105, firstname.lastname@example.org
Victoria Park Community Centre, Victoria Park Drive, Bridgwater, TA6 7AS